Amalie Lomartire, DDS, FACP
Board Certified Prosthodontist
“A person’s smile is a key element of facial beauty…there is nothing more rewarding than the change in self-esteem that accompanies a cosmetic rehabilitation.”
Dentistry is a form of artistic expression as much as it is a product of evidence-based treatment modalities. It is amazing how a dental procedure cannot only transform someone’s mouth, but also their entire being. I am lucky to be in a profession that provides a product that transcends its intended form and function. A person’s smile is a key element of facial beauty. I strive to enhance and compliment a patient’s appearance through their smile, taking into account facial proportions and matching one’s smile to his or her personality. There is nothing more rewarding than the change in self-esteem that accompanies a cosmetic rehabilitation.
I grew up in Westchester, New York and the suburbs of Chicago. I completed my undergraduate studies at Lafayette College where I double majored in Spanish and Biology. I had the fortunate honor of being inducted to the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society for academic achievement. After college, I earned my Doctorate in Dental Surgery at the Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine, where I graduated with honors and was inducted to the OKU Honor Society. After dental school, I completed my specialty training in Prosthodontics at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, NY. I am Board Certified by the American Board of Prosthodontics. A Prosthodontist is a dental specialist who spends three years of rigorous training after dental school to become an expert in tooth replacement – this can range from a single tooth to multiple teeth, or all of the teeth in the mouth, also known as full mouth reconstruction. My practice focuses on restoring your smile to maximize esthetics and optimize function through the use of cosmetic dental procedures, dental implant rehabilitation, and removable and fixed prosthetic tooth replacement.
- Lafayette College – Bachelor of Arts degree in both Biology and Spanish
- Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine – Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Specialty certificate in Prosthodontics
- Board Certified in the Specialty of Prosthodontics, Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics
Honors and Special Recognition
- Davidoff Award
-This award recognizes Chief Residents who have been an exceptional mentor to junior colleagues.
- 1st prize American College of Prosthodontics, New York Section Research Competition
-“Torque-Initiated Retrieval of Cement-Retained IPS e.max Press® Implant Crowns”
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Sigma Tau chapter, Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine
- Phi Beta Kappa Society, Lafayette College
- Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics
- Fellow, American College of Prosthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Connecticut State Dental Association
- New Haven Dental Association
Outside Levy Dental Group
When I am not obsessing over teeth, I enjoy spending time with my husband, Bryan, our dog, Fiona, and family and friends. I am an active member in my local women’s organization, the Madison Newcomers Club. As a native New Yorker and food lover, I enjoy exploring the amazing restaurants throughout New Haven, as well as the Shoreline. I enjoy pilates, yoga, fishing, and skiing, and traveling.